Advanced Low Viscosity Fluids
Kilfrost have engineered a range of superior advanced low viscosity products, which has been designed to be the optimal heat transfer fluids. Kilfrost ALV fluids offer no compromise between superior performance or low toxicity, with the ALV fluid range you can have both. Our organic-based fluid range supports many different industries and has unique benefits providing a compelling commercial solution to long-standing challenges faced by users of heat transfers fluids.
Kilfrost ALV is a secondary coolant system fluid specifically engineered to increase both the efficiency and safety of low temperature chilling/cooling equipment and circuits. Kilfrost ALV is a low viscosity, non-toxic heat transfer fluid formulated with bio-derived base materials listed as GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) by the FDA, rheology modifiers and ASTM D1384-05 proven corrosion inhibitors. It has been formulated to offer greater efficiency levels than Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG) based fluids. This means that customers now have a genuinely safe, non-toxic, more efficient alternative to Mono Ethylene Glycol. Replacement of more viscous fluids such as Mono Propylene Glycol (MPG) based products in existing systems with Kilfrost ALV will give customers an immediate increase in both pumping and heat transfer efficiency, leading to sustained energy savings.
Key Features of Kilfrost ALV
- High performance non-toxic heat transfer fluid
- Outperforms MEG, MPG, Bio-PDO and ethanol-based heat transfer fluids
- Delivers lower system pressure drop and lower pumping costs
- Tested to and exceeds the ASTM D1384-05 corrosion standard at 88°C
- Classified as non-hazardous according to CLP/REACH
- Superior environmental profile
- Free from nitrates, nitrites, borates and heavy metals
- Optimum operating temperature -40°C to +40°C